MAJOR PONDS IN RAJASTHAN | RAS EXAM
Published on May 11, 2021 by Just Prep Raj |
Last Updated on June 8, 2023 by Just Prep Raj
- In Marwar region, there is an area between land and maand.
- It is called as Tharda because this place was rules by Thardia Rajputs.
- Fresh water deep wells.
- Smaller than a pond in size, stores fresh rainwater.
- A major source for animals and birds to drink water.
- In Hindi, it is called as Pokhar.
- The deepest level of the ground inside a pond which connects it to the crust of the earth.
- People worship it and sow a plant called paiya.
- It is believed that by doing so Sarpdev (Snake) do not harm people who use that pond.
- It is made for bulls and camels to walk around the well to draw water.
- A path through which underground water flows.
- It is flowing underground water which is digged and water is directed into wells through seer.
- It is located in Gadiasar on Pokhran- Badmer route.
- Sonargarh fort of Jaisalmer is also nearby.
- It was built by Maharaval Jaishal in 1156 A.D.
- It is named after Maharaval Gadisar who was attacked by Jasod’s Bhatis. They had slashed his head off.
- There are beautiful ghats built around it. The entrance gate is beautifully decorated.
- At the back side of the temple, there are temples, Dharamshalas, Padsa, small gardens have been constructed.
- A Jalmahal and some Chhatries (ciborium) is built inside the pond.
Baiji Ro Talab
- Wife of Maharaja Jagat Singh of Jaipur, Sirekanwar Baiji built this pond in Jodhpur near the kot of Jalori darwaza.
- To bring water from far, canals were digged.
- Sireshwar Mahadevwas built on her name at the foothill.
- A huge temple of Sirebaiji was built on the banks of the Pushkarraj.
- It is situated in Bikaner.
- Dungar Singh, son of the ruler Lal Singh, built this talab in memory of his father.
- This pond is situated in a village called ‘Baap’ on the route of Jaisalmer and Bikaner.
- It was earlier known as Bhaap because of the vapour/steam is formed over the pond.
- This pond remains full of water throughout the year.
- Megha, a shepherd is believed to be the constructor of it.
- Two Chhatris, in remembrance of him and his wife has been built on the pal of the pond.
- In Mundwa village of the Nagore district, it is located.
- It is considered to be 900 years old.
- There are seven ghats in the pond.
- Its dimensions are – 40-60 ft. deep, 1 km long and half km wide.
- There are temples of Giriraj and Barahdari and a garden of Vyasji near this pond.
- Samoji, grandson of Saloji Rathi built this pond at the Nathusar Gate in Bikaner.
- A chhatri in the middle of the pond and small chhatris and a temple built around it intensify the beauty of the talab.
- Queen of Maldev – Jhaliji Swarupde got this pond constructed in Jodhpur.
- It is also known as Bahuji ka Talab.