Just Prep Raj 0 Comments
ANIMAL FAIRS IN RAJASTHAN | RAS | REET | PATWAR
Published on March 14, 2022 by Just Prep Raj |
Last Updated on March 14, 2023 by Just Prep Raj
MALLINATH CATTLE FAIR
- It is held in Tilwara of Barmer.
- The fair is organized to remember Veer Rawal Mallinath.
- It is held on the banks of Luni River on the 11th day of Chaitra Krishna Paksh.
- People do trade of Sanchori bulls and Malani horses on this occasion.
BALDEV CATTLE FAIR
- This famous cattle fair is held in Merta city of Nagaur.
- It falls from the 15th day of Chaitra Shukla to 5th day of Baisakh Shukla.
- It is organized in memory of farmer leader Baldev Rai Ji Mirdha.
GOMTI SAGAR CATTLE FAIR
- The fair is conducted in Jhalarapatan of Jhalawar.
- It falls every year from 13th day of Baisakh Shukla to 5th day of Jyestha Shukla.
- This famous fair of Hadauti region takes place at the bank of Gomti Sagar.
- It is popular place to buy animals of Malawi breed.
GOGAMEDI CATTLE FAIR
- This takes place in Hanumangarh district.
- It is organized from 15th day of Shravana Shukla to 15th day of Bhadrapada Krishna.
- It is conducted on the samadhi place of the great Saint of Rajasthan – Gogaji in his memory.
VEER TEJAJI CATTLE FAIR
- It was initiated by Maharaj Ajeet Singh of Jodhpur to pay tribute to the folk deity Veer Tejaji.
- It is organized every day from 1st day of Shravana Shukhla to 30th day of Bhadrapada Krishna.
- It is held in Parbatasar village of Nagaur district.
- The fair is biggest in terms of income as the famous breed of Nagauri bulls and Bikaneri camels are sold here.
JASWANT EXHIBITION AND CATTLE FAIR
- The fair was started to honour Maharaja Jaswant Singh of Bharatpur.
- It is held from 5th of Ashwin Shukla to 14th of Ashwin Shukla.
- People do trade of Haryana breed bulls here.
CHANDRABHAGA CATTLE FAIR
- This cattle fair is held in Jhalarapatan of Jhalawar.
- It is held from 11th day of Kartik Shukla to 5th day of Margshirsha Shukla.
- Famous Malwa breed bulls are sold and purchased here.
RAMDEV CATTLE FAIR
- A popular place to trade Nagauri breed bulls.
- It is held in Nagaur from 10th of Margshirsha Shukla to 5th of Falgun Krishna.
- It was started by Late. Umed Singh.
- It is another famous fair for trade of Nagauri Bulls.
PUSHKAR CATTLE FAIR
- It is held in Pushkar near Ajmer every year for whole Kartik month.
- Government organizes cattle fair and various competitions to nominate best breed of the cattle.
- The camel fair is the major attraction for the tourists.