The rulers of Rajasthan were enthusiast of art. Art form not only provides entertainment but also educate and aware masses.
- Ram Prakash Theatre was the first well built Natyashala. It was established by Maharaj Ram Singh of Jaipur.
- He also made Gunijan Khana in Jaipur.
- Pandit Vishnu Naryan Bhathkande, a famous Musician, received his training in Jaipur itself.
- Sawai Jai Singh’s court musician Bahram Khan, deserves the credit for making Dagar Gharana of Dhrupad- Dhamar. Muinuddin-Aminuddin (Dagar Brother) were famous singers.
- Jaipur Gharana is a style founded by Ustad Alladiya Khan.
- A famous Maand Gayaki of Rajasthan was Alla Jilai bai of Bikaner.
- Maharaja Ram Singh also established Rajasthan School of Arts in 1866.
- In 1952, Padma Shri Devi Lal Samar founded Bhartiya Lok Kala Mandir in Udaipur for the purpose of research, survey and training of folk arts. There puppet shows and other folk arts are performed.
- Central govt. made three centres for the preservation and promotion of Indian artist. Rajasthan was among those three centres and in the city of Udaipur, Western Region of Cultural Centre was made in 1952.
- To support local craftsmen, A ‘Shilpagram’ was established near Udaipur.
- In April 1993. Jawahar Kala Kendra was established for artists.
- Mewati Gharana was founded by Ustad Nazeer khan.
- Raag Mala and Raag Manjari were written by Pundarik Vitthal.
- Tune of the song Vande Matram was composed by the music director of Rajasthan Jamal Sain.
- Rajjab Ali Khan is known as father of Jaipur Gharana of Khayal.
- Uma Sharma, a famous kathak dancer is also associated with Jaipur Gharana.
- Two prominent Sarod players of Rajasthan are – Ali Akbar Khan and Damodar Lal Kabra.
- Some renowned art centres in Rajasthan are – Bhawani Natyashala of Jhalawar. Marudhara Lok Kala Mandal of Pali, Abhinav Shiksha Samiti in Banswar, Akhil Bhartiya Sahitya Parishad in Jalore, and Shiksha Prachar Mandal in Sawai Madhopur.
- Ali Baksh Khayal belongs to Alwar district.
- Famous Pakhawaj player of Rajasthan is Pandit Purushottam Das.
- The renowned director Shri Kanahiya Lal Panwar is called as father of Rajasthan Dramas.
- Pandit Jasraj belongs to Mewati Gharana.