- PM Modi introduced a prepaid electronic voucher-based digital payment solution ‘e-RUPI’ for Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) and financial inclusion of unbanked citizens.
- Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprise (MSME) approved a budget of INR 120 Crore under FY 21 under National Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe Hub (NSSH) to support SC/ST entrepreneurs.
- Haryana to make young generation self-employed through its new scheme ‘Har Hith store’
- A MoU signed between Govt of Jammu Kashmir and JSW Foundation to restore and maintain Mughal Gardens.
- PM Modi attended 100th anniversary celebration of Madras legislative Council in Chennai.
- PM advisor Amarjeet Sinha resigns from Prime Minister’s Office.
- The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) awarded economist Jagdish Bhagwati and C Rangarajan with Prof CR Rao Centenary Gold Medal.
- United Nations formulated a permanent forum comprised of People of African Descent to deal with challenge of Racism.
- Ebrahim Raisi sworn-in as President of Iran on 3 August.
- A Singapore based financial service group DSB receives honor of ‘Most Innovative in Digital Banking’ by The Banker publication.
- Fortune Global 500 list 2021 – Walmart topped the list, Mukesh Ambani’s RIL slips to 155th
- India’s Visual Artist and Illustrator Anand Radhakrishnan receives 2021 Eisner Award for Best Painter/Multimedia Artist.
- The Military Chief Senior General – Min Aung Hlaing declared himself as PM of Myanmar.
- US to sell one Harpoon Joint Common Test Sets to India.
- A new bug bounty platform ‘bughunters.google.com’ launched by Google for bug hunters.
- Paras Khadka, Nepal’s cricketer, announced his retirement from International Cricket.
RAJASTHAN STATE AFFAIRS:
- Jodhpur: Govt to introduce looping system for traffic management and initiate Blue Corridor for conservation of cultural heritage.
- Centre for Muscular Dystrophy inaugurated in IIT Jodhpur on its 14th foundation day.
- CM Gehlot approves online passport verification process through M Passport Police App.
- Shipra Rathod of Jodhpur wins bronze medal in Junior National Boxing Championship.
- State Cabinet make amendment in Rajasthan Police Subordinate Services Rules, 1989.
- State Govt. to establish an ‘Animal House’ of INR 7 Crore in AIIMS Jodhpur for research on animals.