Just Prep Raj 0 Comments
RAJASTHAN SKILL AND LIVELIHOODS DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (RSLDC) | RPSC EXAM
Published on October 10, 2021 by Just Prep Raj |
Last Updated on March 15, 2023 by Just Prep Raj
INTRODUCTIONRajasthan become first state in the country to propose a mission on Livelihoods. It was initially created with the idea to frame innovative strategies to provide large scale livelihood to poor and vulnerable sections of the society.It has launched several projects and schemes to achieve the objective.
SCHEMESThese can be divided into following:
STATE SPONSORED SCHEMES
MUKHYA MANTRI YUVA KAUSHAL YOJANA
- It is a joint initiative of RSLDC and College Education Department.
- Under this scheme, Skill Development Centres are established in college premises which offers 45 special types of relevant courses including life skills/soft skills.
- The courses are combination of soft skills and domain-based skills to train students for self-employment or jobs after the education.
- Age eligibility for the scheme is 17 to 30 years.
- The course is of maximum 350 hours, out of which 90 hours are dedicated for soft skill component.
ROJGAR AADHARIT JAN KAUSHAL VIKAS KARYAKRAM (RAJViK)
- Earlier known as Employment linked Skill Training Programme (ELSTP).
- It follows the Recruit-Train-Deploy model which provides training according to the current demand of the industries and recruitment in them.
- Youth are employed through skill development programs.
SWAROJGAR AADHARIT KAUSHAL SHIKSHA MAHABHIYAN (SAKSHAM)
- It is a part of the renewed version of the Regular Skill Training Programme.
- The program ensures creating self-employment opportunities at local level.
- It prepares young people, especially women, with suitable training programs to link them with self-employment opportunities.
- Another part of the RSTP, known as SAMARTH.
- Under this scheme, the government aims to work for the upliftment of the poorest, marginalised communities, beggars, Dalits, tribals, refugees, temporary settlers, people living in Nari Niketan, Balghar, prisoners.
- The objective is to provide them training to make the self-reliant for employment opportunities.
CENTRALLY SPONSORED SCHEMES
DEEN DAYAL UPADHYAYA GRAMEEN KAUSHALYA YOJANA (DDU-GKY)
- It is a skill training and placement programme by Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India.
- Another new initiative LIFE-MGNREGA has been added in DDU-GKY scheme.
- Central Government has allocated a budget of Rs. 755.93 crore to RSLDC to train 72,800 people.
PRADHAN MANTRI KAUSHAL VIKAS YOJANA (PMKVY)
- It is an initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) under Central government.
- The govt has sanctioned a budget of Rs.70.96 crore for the scheme.
- The aim is to target 41,000 youth under the scheme.
- The ministry has launched three phases till now.
SKILLS ACQUISITION AND KNOWLEDGE AWARENESS FOR LIVELIHOOD PROMOTION (SANKALP)
- It is launched by MSDE with the partnership of World Bank.
- The fund is divided in 60:40 ratio between Centre and State govts.
- The project is an outcome oriented 6 years plan.
- The aim of the scheme is to encourage the participation of women, SC, ST, PWD and other disadvantaged groups in quality and market relevant skill development programs.
- RSLDC signed a flexi MoU with the industries to customise the course curriculum for youth with latest trend.
- The trainees are trained in the industry environment with 360-degree career development.
- Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd has collaborated with Government ITI, Jaipur to conduct electronics and mobile repair.
- Caterpillar has established Centre of Excellence in Government ITI, Jhalawar for Heavy Earth Moving Equipment training.
- Sanskrit Academy also signed pact with RSLDC to train youth in ‘Purohita Prashikshan’ course.