SOILS OF RAJASTHAN | RAS | REET | PATWAR
Published on January 15, 2022 by Just Prep Raj |
Last Updated on March 15, 2023 by Just Prep Raj
Agriculture in a region highly depends on the type and quality of the soil, irrigation, and climate in that area. In Rajasthan, soil fertility changes from the north-west to the east and north-east. There are mainly eight types of soils found in the state.
Types of Soil in Rajasthan:
- This type of soil is found in region of Banas and its tributaries in the east of the Aravalli.
- The color of the soil is brown. It lacks nitrogen and phosphorus salts.
- It is found in areas Tonk, Bundi, Swami Madhopur, Bhilwara, Udaipur and Chittorgarh.
- It is found in the small sand dunes of the west of Aravalli.
- Also known as Grey Desert soil.
- The color of the sand is the yellow brown.
- It is less fertile because of the lack of the nitrogen and carbon.
- It is mostly found in the region of Pali, Nagaur, Ajmer, and Jaipur.
RED DESERTIC SOIL
- It is naturally red in color found in desert area.
- It does not have nitrogen and carbonic substances.
- It is found in Jalore, Nagaur, Pali, Jodhpur, Barmer, Churu, Jhunjhunu.
RED LOAMY SOIL
- It is red in color with very fine particles with moisture in it.
- It is rich in iron oxide and thus, has red color.
- It lacks nitrogen, phosphorus and calcium salts.
- It is found in the southern part of the state such as Dungarpur, Banswara, Udaipur, and Chittorgarh.
- It is most suitable for the production of the corn.
- It is found in the foothills of the Aravalli.
- It is of red and yellow-brown colors.
- It lacks density which makes it infertile.
- It is found in the region of Sirohi, Udaipur, Ajmer, Pali, and Alwar.
- It is the most common soil of the state.
- Found in north-western region parts of Aravalli like Bikaner, Jodhpur, Barmer, Jaisalmer, Jalore, Jhunjunu and Churu.
- It has thick particles but lack nitrogen and carbonic substances.
- Kharif crops cultivated in this soil are bajra, moth, moong.
- It is yellow in color.
- It has moisture because of it is brought down by river water.
- It has plenty of nitrogen and carbonic substance.
- It is suitable for the cultivation of both Rabi and Kharif crops such as wheat, rice, cotton, tobacco.
- This type of soil is found in the Alwar, Jaipur, Ajmer, Tonk, Sawai Madhopur, Bharatpur, Kota, Dholpur region.
- It occurs in the lower part of the state due to water logging conditions.
- It is not fit for the agriculture as it has more alkaline substance.
- The soil can be found in Sriganganagar, Jalore, Bikaner, and Barmer districts.
- Soil found in the Hadauti region are black, red and yellow in color.
- They are found in Bhilwara, Tonk, Malwa region, Chambal and Banas basin, Kota, Jhalawar, Sawai Madhopur, and Bundi.
- It lacks iron, silica, nitrogen, calcium, phosphorous, sulphur, carbon and other bio-elements.
- Crops like jwar, corn, cotton, sugarcane, mustard, pulses and juicy fruits.