Rajasthan Tourism Minister Vishvendra Singh had announced to organize Jaipur Literature Festival from March 5 to March 14 of 2022. It is regarded as biggest book fair in the world.
- Due to pandemic, the 15th edition of the Literature Festival was held in hybrid mode at Clarks Amer instead of Diggi Palace.
- The festival celebrates the works of various writers from 15 languages across the world.
- Sessions associated with Rajasthan history, tradition, and culture are major attraction for visitors.
- It aims to encourage indigenous and international works and their author.
- Apart from classic literature like poetry, fiction, science and history, the sessions encompass theatre, cinema, climate, new world order, politics, and current issues.
- The event is an affair of 3 days which has been conducted for 15 years.
- It has contributed majorly to the employment opportunities in the state such as hotel, transport, handicraft, restaurants, jewellery etc.
- It has hosted up to 5000 renowned and new speakers till now.
- Special Speakers for the 2022 season are – 2002 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction finalist Jonathan Franzen; 2021 Booker winner Damon Galgut; Australian author and 2003 Booker winner DBC Pierre, Ruth Padel; Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar recipient Tanuj Solanki; award-winning British-Turkish novelist, woman author of Turkey Elif Shafak; American academic and author of the award-winning books Edge of Empire, Liberty’s Exiles and The Dawn Watch: Joseph Conrad in a Global World Maya Jasanoff, Robert Macfarlane, Padma Bhushan awardee Vidya Dehejia; and senior Indian journalist and National Award-winning filmmaker Vinod Kapri.
- The organizers also conduct Music shows and heritage walks for the national and international delegations. This time singers and musicians like Ujwal Nagar and Smt. Sombala Kumar; Indian classical singer and composer Aastha Goswami; the storytelling collective The Aahvaan Project; and academic and musician Priya Kanungo have also performed.