NATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS | WHARTON AWARD | 28 DEC | RAS
Published on December 28, 2022 by Abhishek Shekhawat |
Last Updated on March 22, 2023 by Abhishek Shekhawat
NATIONAL NEWS | WHARTON AWARD | 28 DEC | RAS | PRE | MAINS
- Anil Kumar Lahoti has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Railway Board.
- World Champion Nikhat Zarin of Telangana and the Tokyo Olympics Bronze Medalist Lovlina Borgohair of Assam won gold medals in their respective weight categories at the 6th National Women’s Boxing Championship 2022 in Bhopal.
- Cuban Social Worker and Human Right Activist Dr. Aleida Guevara has been selected for the first KR Gouri Amma National Award 2022.
- IIT Kanpur have developed an Artificial Heart, which will prove to be helpful for people suffering from Cardiac Problems.
- The Wharton – QS Reimagine Education Awards are considered to be Oscars of education.
- IIT Madras wins Wharton – QS Reimagine Education Awards 2022.
- Union Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Piyush Goyal has launched a new initiative ‘Right to Repair’ Portal.
- On the ‘Right to Repair’ Portal, manufactures will share the manual of product detail with customers so that they can either repair by self or third parties rather then depend on original manufactures.
- Australia’s Men’s Test Player of the year award has been renamed to honour legendary spinner Shane Warne.
- The Shane Warne Men’s Test Player of the year award will be presented annually at the Australian Cricket Awards.
- The Union Home Ministry gave its consent to change the name of two places in UP.
(i) Mundera Baazar – Chauri-Chaura (ii) Telia Afghan – Telia Shukla
- Dharmadam, Kerela has become the first complete Library Constituency in India.
- Scientist Freeze Australia’s Great Barrier Reef Coral.
- Find a new method for Freezing and storing Coral larvae / Coral Reef threatened by climate change.
- Coral Reefs:- Coral Reef are one of the most biologically diverse marine ecosystem on earth.
Each Coral is called a Polyp and thousand of such Polyps live together to form a colony.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.01 Which IIT won Wharton-QS reimagine education awards?
Ans:The correct answer is I
IT Madras. Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) won Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards in December 2022. It is also referred to as ‘the Oscars of Education’.
Q.02 Which award was given to IIT Madras recently?
Ans: The Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards, also known as “the Oscars of Education,” gave significant recognition to the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-M).
Q.03 Which IIT got Oscar equivalent award for education?
Ans: The Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-M) won key recognition in the Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards, often referred to as ‘the Oscars of Education.
Q.04 What is the Wharton award?
Ans: The Wharton award was created in 2007 to honor the outstanding work of Dr. Clifton R. Wharton, Jr, in the areas of philanthropy, higher education, business and public policy. Dr. Wharton has been a Black pioneer in four different fields-philanthropy, foreign economic development, higher education and business.
NATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS 21 JAN | RAS
NATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS 20 JAN | RAS
NATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS 19 JAN | RAS