Just Prep Raj 0 Comments
Rajasthan Current Affairs 2021 – 1st and 2nd September
Published on September 2, 2021 by Just Prep Raj |
Last Updated on March 14, 2023 by Just Prep Raj
- The Vice-President and Chairman of Rajya Sabha M Venkaiah Naidu appoints Dr PPK Ramacharyulu as secretary general of the Rajya Sabha.
- A floating ATM opened ion Dal Lake in J&K by SBI.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the project ‘My Pad, My Right’ in Tripura; an initiative by NABARD and NABFOUNDATION to aware rural women about menstrual hygiene and related livelihood.
- Mariyappan Thangavelu (men’s high jump) and Yogesh Kathuniya (Discus Throw) win silver in Paralympics 2002 held in Tokyo.
- Moody’s estimates India’s GDP growth forecast to 9.6% for CY2021.
- Famous cricket coach Vasoo Paranjape who trained cricketers like Sunil Gavaskar, Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid, passed away.
- The entry age for the National Pension Systems (NPS) increased from 65 years to 70 years by the PFRDA (Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority).
- Rajnish Kumar, former chairman of State Bank of India, appointed as an independent director of the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) Asia.
- IIT Madras is developing a digital platform ‘e-Source’ into an exchange marketplace to deal with ‘e-waste’ related issues.
- An innovative solution ‘iAML (Anti Money Laundering) implemented by IDBI Intech Ltd at Life Insurance Corporation (LIC).
- Chandigarh and Indian Air Force sign partnership to build India’s first Air Force Heritage Centre in Chandigarh.
- India’s first Naval Anti-Drone System (NADS) to be developed under the collaboration of Indian Navy with Bharat Electronics Limited.
- Ramagundam’s National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) situated in Telangana wins Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Energy Leader Award 2021.
- Bengali author Buddhadeb Guha passed away.
- Goa is the first Indian state to provide free water up to 16,000 litres to its people under ‘Save Water to Get Free Water’ scheme.
- India’s neurosurgeon Basant Kumar Misra honoured with prestigious ‘International Lifetime Award in Neurosurgery’ by American Association of Neurological Surgeons.
- The engineer at the Indian Astronomical Observatory of the Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Dorje Angchuk becomes honorary member of the International Astronomical Union (IAU).
- Rabobank 2021 Global Dairy Top 20 report: France’s dairy company Lactalis ranked first while AMUL of India ranked eighteenth.
- South African cricketer Dale Steyn announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
- UNSC (United Nations Security Council) meet and adopts resolution on Afghanistan under the presidency of India; China and Russia rejected the resolution.
- Central Bank of Nigeria to team up with a global fintech ‘Bitt Inc’ to develop its own cryptocurrency to be called as ‘e-Naira’ by the end of 2021.
- Alar Karis becomes fifth President of Estonia.
- Infosys becomes fourth Indian company to enter the list of 100 billion USD M-Cap.
- World’s largest and tallest observation wheel named ‘Ain Dubai’ to be opened in Dubai, UAE.
- Ramon Magsaysay Award 2021 list: Bangladesh’s Firdausi Qadri (Scientist), Pakistan’s Muhammad Amjad Saqib (Economist), Philippines’ Filipino Fisher and Roberto Ballon and South-East Asia’s Steven Muncy.
- Princepal Singh of India is the first from country to be part of NBA Championship Roster.
RAJASTHAN STATE AFFAIRS
- Shooter Avani Lekhara becomes brand ambassador of govt’s ‘Beti Bacaho and Beti Padhao’ project.
- Rajasthan to become first Indian state to introduce ‘Hotel Housing’ concept for upliftment of hotel industry.
- IPS Sanjay Arora of Rajasthan appointed as Director General of Indian-Tibet Border Police (ITBP).
- Article 69 A to be injected to amend the Municipal Act under ‘Prashashan Shehro ke Sang’ Campaign.
- Vijay Sharma appointed as Managing Director of North-Western Railway.
- Dr Jaswant Rathi headed the Pre-Litigation Committee held in Rajasthan Public Service Commission.
- Monsoon Session of Rajasthan State Assembly will begin from 9 September 2021.
- Kisan Morcha of Rajasthan organized Farmer’s Parliament on 15 September on the occasion of International Democracy Day.